It’s Friday night. It’s been your typical long week of life with kids and other things. My husband is working late, and I’m counting down the minutes until bedtime when I can ignore the messy kitchen, sit on the couch and put my feet up and shut my brain off for a little. But first… yes first.. I have to survive bedtime. So far it’s been entertaining evening to say the least.
TONIGHT’S HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Turning my back on the 1 year old in the highchair to vacuum, look up and find her standing in said highchair.
- Dinner without a fight (gasp!).
- The 1 year old throwing an empty toilet paper roll into the toilet while I wipe the three year old’s butt.
- The 3 year old taking something from the 1 year old causing the 1 year old to fall, hit her face hard, start “the big cry” where she then has to gasp and suck in air at the end of the hysterical wail, causing her to then inhale the left over Cheerio she apparently had in her mouth.
- 1 year old chokes on said Cheerio.
- Saving 1 year old from choking on rogue Cheerio.
And that was only the last hour.
Wish me luck.